It's been almost a month that we've had our new vehicle.. and I have yet to post some snapshots of it and its sweet features. So, while there are actually a ton of other interesting things going on with us, and StudioVB, right now - they are keeping us so busy that I haven't been able to sit down and blog about them. So, until then, I'll just finally introduce you to the new ride! Unfortunately we haven't settled on a name for her yet. I'm hoping a couple of hours into our next road trip, one of us will come up with the winning name and shout it aloud in an exciting 'by George, I've got it' kinda way! Anyway, here she is, in her new home.. parked on our block!
And, that's where she is most of the time. Both Logan and I are blessed to be able to work where we live, which among many other benefits, means we don't have to drive very much. And living in the city, we are able to walk to get lunch, go to the park, visit friends, etc., which we love! Oops, went on a tangent!
Anyway, this actually brings up an important issue that I want to chat about. So, Logan and I make many efforts in our daily lives to live pretty environmentally friendly, but you might be saying, why did you buy an SUV? I know, I know, it's like the anti-green thing to do. But, it's not as horrible as you might think, and after careful consideration, we felt it was the right thing for us.
So, to clarify, here are just a few of our thoughts on why and how we made our decision:
- We only need one vehicle in our family - one SUV is better than two vehicles, right? You know, we won't be filling two tanks, driving around two vehicles and polluting twice as much. =)
- We go several (sometimes more than several) weeks on one tank of gas - since we drive very little - so gas guzzling is not huge issue.
- When we do drive, it's often to go on a trip or because we need to transport large items, so driving a vehicle with plenty of space is a must.
And, here's how the Honda CR-V fit the bill:
- It is a small compact size with a small engine, especially compared to some of the huge SUVs.
- It is pretty fuel-efficient at 21/28/24 mpg (city, highway, combined).
- It has 'ultra low-emissions'.
- It has great storage features, both big and small!
- And Honda has long been considered the 'greenest automaker'.
So, given all of this (and some other factors too), we decided to go for it! This baby will be in our family, well, hopefully long after we actually have babies, ha! And, I think it will serve us well.
Now, here are some more pics!
So, what do you think? Do you like?
Oh, and remember the 'more interesting stuff' I said we had going on - well, don't worry, I have lots of cool projects and "before and after" reveals headed your way. So check back soon!