I'm finally giving in to the fact that fall is here, and summer is gone. =( So, to boost my spirits about that, and hopefully yours too, today's Five on Friday is do-it-yourself fall decor ideas that you can do relatively easily and inexpensively!
5 DIY Fall Decor Ideas!
- Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin. This sweet little DIY pumpkin is made simply of mason jar lids tied together to form a ring.. with a few cinnamon sticks as a stem and cut burlap as leaves. I love the subtle natural color variation in the lids. Super easy and super chic!
- Leaf Bowl. This little project may be a tad bit less than simple, but the lovely bright autumn colors of this decorative bowl really bring fall into your space and make this DIY project worth it! And the organic shape that the leaves give the bowl's edge is both delicate and beautiful.
- Burlap Table Runner. Now this DIY project is super simple, and a great way to dress up your fall feasts. Pretty much all you need is a couple yards of burlap and some sort of decorative accent. The tasseled edge is a really simple and totally cute detail here, but I've also seen other accents like monograms, lace, etc. In my opinion, burlap is just the perfect rustic fall texture!
- Painted Patterned Pumpkins. If you're not very skilled at carving a pumpkin, or a fan of the mess involved, try this simple alternative. These particular pumpkins are super trendy with their chevron pattern, but you could paint any pattern (or even a simple solid color). Either way, half the fun of this DIY project is doing it, since the pumpkin won't last past the season. So, go for it.. get creative!
- Acorn Filled Votives. And one last really easy DIY decor idea - votive candle holders with fall-inspired filler. Personally, I love the acorns, but obviously you could use corn kernels, mini pumpkin pods, etc. as shown. The simplicity of this project is two fold. It's super easy to do and looks super stylish too.
Well, there you go - just a few simple DIY Fall decor ideas for you. If you aren't busy this weekend picking pumpkins or raking leaves, give one of these DIY projects a try!
Happy Fall Weekend everybody!